Friday, March 7, 2008

Estoy aqui! (I am here!)

Hola everybody! I have arrived in Queretaro and started settling into my new home here. It's really good to be back here and to see the pastor and team leader Martin again and to meet new friends!

Last night we went down to the market at La Cruz and had gringas which are these yum type of tacos. Then I went and met my new family which was really exciting! I have a nice room and it was great to unpack and have somewhere to lay my head.

Today I've been on a tour of the city with Rebecca and her sister Pam - it was lots of fun! I was surprised at the number of places I remember and also really encouraged that I have been able to get by with my Spanish. Definitely looking forward to learning more Spanish so that I can understand even better and have more interesting conversations!

Please pray for me as I start language learning and meet up with the team again that God would continue to lead, guide and be my strength.

Phil

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,Glad you have arrived safely and are settling in again to your nearly familiar surroundings!May you be guided by God in all that you do!
Love and prayers A.Jane & John

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Phil, yay! You've arrived safe and sound brother! You'll be in my prayers. Cheers, Kitty

cd said...

PJ - Sounds like its kickin! I'll keep praying you'll learn the language you need to know to be real. It doesn't seem that long ago since you had the year away to Mexico goal... Woot! It arrived.

audrey` said...

Hi Phil

You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Take care, brother =)

Bronwyn said...

Hey Phil
So glad to here that you got there safely, and was able to have a few adventures along the way in the US!! We'll be praying for you as you adjust to life in a completely different place. Take care and God bless
Bron (and Stefan and kids)