Monday, January 21, 2008

Freedom!

I finished up my transition training last week and Monday was my first day of free time to get prepared! I made sure that I got straight into it and had organised to have breakfast with a couple of good mates who are involved in mission work. This was a good (early) start to the day which kicked things off well!
It has been really fantastic to have the time and focus to catch up with my friends and my family, to spend some time chatting and journeying together and to drink lots of coffee. My coffee tally for Monday was 5 lattes ;-) I've been praying that God would give me great times with my friends and family before I go and He's done just that - given me opportunities to be with friends and family and have great times.

I've made myself a BIG list of to-dos (which is still growing!) so that I use my time well leading up to when I'm hoping to leave. I found this cool website for organising your tasks, it's called "Remember The Milk" - www.rememberthemilk.com - maybe you could add "Catch up with Phil for coffee" to your task list!?

Over the last couple of days I have been enjoying working through my to-dos on my laptop whilst sitting in a few of the cool cafes we have here in Melbourne and enjoying the vibrance and diversity of the city. Yesterday I sat at Pushka for a couple of hours and today I was in Richmond helping out a friend so I visited Chimmey's bakery. YUM!

God has been awesome in starting to bring together a group of partners to support me in prayer and financially as I go to serve in Mexico. I'm just under half way there in terms of the finances I need to support me each month, so if you've been praying or considering supporting me, it would be great if you could add "Send off partnership commitment" to your task list too.

I had better get back to preparing!

No comments: