Friday, November 30, 2007

Following Jesus Passionately

As I was praying this morning and thinking about God's power and awesomeness (I was reading from Mark 4 about Jesus calming the massive storm on the lake), I was challenged to think about the way I describe how I go about following Jesus.
So anyway, I was thinking about how I would like to describe my life and relationship with God, and how I would like others to see me, and I came up with this:

I want to be a guy who follows Jesus passionately.

For me, this is something short that takes in Jesus' command to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbour as yourself. If I look at following Jesus passionately, to follow I must obey, be close to Jesus, do the things that he did, reach out to those he reached out to, display his priorities and characteristics and be like him. And if I am to do that passionately, it takes in all of my heart, soul, mind and strength, my emotions, my excitement, my inspiration... and what I am passionate about something, it invades every part of my life and people see it.

So that's what I want to be like, a guy who follows Jesus passionately. That's tough, and personally, in my own strength, I can't do it. But Jesus has given me His Spirit, which puts that passion in my heart and can help me to follow passionately. So, I'm on the road, following, stumbling a lot, but keeping my eyes on the guy I'm following so that I don't lose the way.

I would love you to come follow with me... how about it?

No comments: